PaulLondon, United Kingdom
- Native English Speaker. Born and educated in England. Lives in London
- TESOL (Teacher of English to Speakers of Other Languages). Registered Trainer and Career Advisor HCITB (Hotel and Catering Industry Training Board).
- Teacher of Business and Conversational English to Chinese, South Korean, Vietnamese and Japanese students.
- Former Executive Officer for the UK Government Civil Service. Interviewer and trainer. British Council Advisor. Graduate MIEx (grad) British Institute of Export: International Trade and Development.
- Friendly and Enthusiastic.
Congratulations! By reading this far you have already demonstrated your serious interest in me as your teacher, and taken the first step of an exciting journey to learn and improve your English.
I’ll get straight to the point. I encourage my students to converse freely which helps me to identify their needs particularly with grammar, pronunciation and sentence construction. Emphasis is on comfortable expression as opposed to hard and fast rules. I tailor my lessons to suit your needs. I have a relaxed approach because it’s important for the student to feel comfortable and not intimidated or worried.
Everyone learns at a different pace. Everyone is different. Everyone is unique. All can learn English and all will benefit regardless of their ability.
It is very possible to communicate in English without adherence to rigorous rules, but a basic understanding of them is very important and during my tutoring students will discover they have learned them automatically.
However the student should learn English without fear of the intransigent usage of the rules. The benefit of speaking English is that it is a constantly evolving language, which is the reason for it’s global success. It’s my job to equip you to speak English confidently in this ever changing world as you travel around it.
Lets go on this journey together. Whether it be for Business English or Conversational English, or whether it’s to improve your career prospects or just to confidently interact in English then I can be your guide and teacher.
I look forward to hearing from you.